• Search
  • Tools

Why isn't this endermite trap working?

  • #1 Jul 5, 2015

    Hello all.

    So as you can see, I have a pit with a block above it with a minecart sitting on the block. In that minecart is an endermite that I spawned with pearls and named with a name tag.

    So... why aren't the endermen coming towards the endermite?

    Thanks

    ATTACHMENTS

    • 2015-07-05_12.24.33

      2015-07-05_12.24.33

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #3 Jul 5, 2015

    I will try that. Does "nearby" include Y axis? Specifically, if I am in room next to the bottom of the pit will I be far enough away (about 20 blocks) , or is it x,z only?

    Thanks!

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #4 Jul 5, 2015

    I will try that. Does "nearby" include Y axis? Specifically, if I am in room next to the bottom of the pit will I be far enough away (about 20 blocks) , or is it x,z only?

    Thanks!

    You have to be at least 64 blocks away of you are in survival mode. I don't think the Y axis would matter, but if you still have problems, try that.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #5 Jul 6, 2015

    You have to be at least 64 blocks away of you are in survival mode. I don't think the Y axis would matter, but if you still have problems, try that.

    Did you mean 24 blocks?

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #6 Jul 6, 2015

    I found this mechanic to be odd and not very well thought out. If it only works when the player is far enough away that they might not even be able to observe it then what is the point? Kind of like the tree falling in the woods and no one there to see it argument. However I hadn't thought about the possibility of using it as a lure.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

    Re: 3D Minecraft - Anyone tried it?
    by c0yote

    I tried it with terrible results. I gave my wife my glasses for a second, a creeper showed up and now my wife is pregnant.
    Stupid 3D..

  • #7 Jul 8, 2015

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #8 Jul 9, 2015

    Ergrak,

    Try lowering the endmite by 1 bock. When I made one of these farms on the server I'm on (spent ages building it 100 or so blocks away from the island, and 40 blocks above the killing room), I was dismayed to have the same thing happen as you - the endermen were not interested in the endermite. I then realised that the minecart the endermite was in was 1 block too low, so had to raise it by a block - suddenly I got swarmed by endermen! :)

    So, try moving the endermite up or (easier) down by a block or two, then moving away to test.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #9 Jul 10, 2015

    Well, you should try lowering the block which holds minecart, because endermen won't focus him if he is too hight for them to reach. Also you should stay few blocs away from it too work, because Endermen will attack endermits only if there's no player (In survival/adventure mode) nearby, because they will focus player. I'm not sure how far away player should be, but try playing/testing it too see how does it works.

    I hope that this will help Ya.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • #10 Jul 10, 2015

    There's a small problm: mobs further that 32 blocks from a player won't move.

    Rollback Post to Revision RollBack

  • To post a comment, please login.

Posts Quoted:

Reply

Clear All Quotes